Monday, October 27, 2008

Eggplant

I love cooking with eggplant. Normally, I pick up the traditional purple variety from my local farmers market. I've tried the Japanese variety, but I prefer the plain old purple ones. Usually, after peeling and dicing it into cubes, I freeze the other half to save for another recipe. Here's one of my favorite eggplant recipes:

1 half of a cubed eggplant
16 ounces of shrimp
1 bunch of fresh basil
1 pint of whipping cream
1 cup of olive oil
5-6 cloves of garlic
angel hair pasta (any kind will do)
1/2 small onion
3 stems of green onion
1/2 green bellpepper
1 16 ounce can of diced tomatos

To make basil sauce, rinse and blend basil, garlic, olive oil and cream. Sautee onion, bellpepper, and green onion. Add shrimp and eggplant, sautee for 5 minutes until eggplant sweats, add diced tomatoes and basil sauce. Cook on medium fire for 20 minutes, simmer on low medium for an additional 10 minutes.

No comments: